Why exactly Finland? Be honest, I didn’t have a right answer before coming here. Finland is quite faraway from Georgia, different culture and traditions- life-style, strict climate. But life is a challenge, we should use all the possibilities all the chances given by our life. Sometimes life is more interesting if you put yourself to the test.
What exactly I mean in differences between Georgia and Finland? Let’s leave political and economical issues J I’ll try to explain more practical and funny things I have already faced here:
- Taking shoes off inside the buildings was so strange for me. If someone asks the guest to take off the shoes in Georgia, it will be very impolite.
- Women bus drivers - you will never see even one woman bus driver in Georgia J yet
- Bicycles are not used as a kind of transportation in my country, just for fun (Hobby).
- People are more talkative, friendly and close in Georgia. Friends like to hug to each other every day when they are meeting : )
- No Hesburgers (in every corner of the street) but McDonald’s :)
- Pircings are not popular like in Finland (an earrings for men) :)
After 5 months living in Turku I guess that I have done perfect decision choosing Finland: feeling of safety, honest, reliable people, always ready to help me and never lazy to smile, fascinating nature- maybe I found my inspiration in Finland :)
EVS really gave me a chance to get more experienced, to build up a huge network of contacts (friends), to make my life more interesting, full of adventures and surprises.
P.s. I hope rest 5 months will be more interesting for me and sunny of course… ))))))))))))